FRISTER & ROSSMANN
Central Bobbin Sewing Machines
CB 1 from s/n 923.502 1900
CB 1-var2 from s/n
CB 2 from s/n 1907
CB 3 1913
CB 3-var1 ROSSMANNIA 1913
CB 3-var2 ROSSMANNIA NOT BADGE
from 1915 up to 1920
CB 4 NOT BADGE
CB 5 model G ORIGINAL 1921
From 1920 to 1928, Oliver Quitmann, Agent for England and Colonies, had his offices at 18 City Road, Finsbury Square, London EC1.
From 1925 serial numbers were re-numbered.
From 1928 to 1939, Oliver Quitmann, Agent for England and Colonies, had his offices at 23 & 24 Little Britain, Newgate St, London EC1.
CB 6 model G
In 1929 Frister & Rossmann was in dissolution and serial numbers were re-numbered again.
# 250.000 could be
1 Sept 1939
Imports stopped between 1939 and 1945 then after the war the U.K. importer, Quitmann, with offices located at 350-356 Old Street, London, EC 1, bought all the rights to the Frister & Rossmann trade marks and became a British registered trading name.
Durlach was a borough of the German city of Karlsruhe. After the war the city was destroyed by 40%.
In 1945 an American military base was established in Karlsrhe. Factories were reconstructed in record time and export business activities begun again.
In 1955 a major fire destroyed GritznerKaiser factory in Durlach. Weakened Gritzner-Kaiser is easy prey for a competitor based in Kaiserslautern, GM Pfaff AG.
In 1957 the factory was rebuilt by the GM Pfaff AG that takes over the majority of shares.
In 1959 Frister & Rossmann Sewing Machines Limited was incorporated.
The Frister+Rossmann brand is now solely owned by SMD Retail Limited, the parent company of Sewing Machines Direct and the range is now designed and manufactured by Jaguar International Corp, Osaka, Japan who have a long established relationship with many other UK brands including Singer and Bernina.