Reudnitz, Leipzig, Germany
In 1853 Christian Mansfeld completed the first sewing machine made in Germany.
In 1861 he began his own company "Christian Mansfeld" in Reudnitz, Leipzig with the initially manual work.
In 1868, Mansfeld began the construction of special sewing machines for shoemakers and saddlers, which became groundbreaking for the leather processing industry.
Since 1869 factory construction of sewing machines.
In 1881 Mansfeld company arranged an iron foundry.
1885 US Patent 332.812
In 1886 the company was able to complete the 25.000 th sewing machine.
In the meantime, the company had begun the construction of paper processing machines, which soon became the main product of the company and gained a world reputation. Mansfeld invented and designed numerous machine tools, which he successfully introduced on the German and international market.
After the death of Christian Mansfeld, the sons Gustav and Hugo continued his work. In the course of the company relocation to Paunsdorf in the years 1911 and 1912, the factory halls with a volume of approx. 50.000 m² were built on the Riesaer Strasse, where initially around 1.000 people found work there.
In 1937 Christian Gustav Hans Mansfeld & Karl Hellmuth Willy Mansfeld, trading as Chn. Mansfeld of 25, Riesaer Strasse, Leipzig 029, Germany, applied for an English patent for improvements in Safety Device on Machines for cutting paper, cardboard and the like.
In the war years the halls of the armaments industry, unfortunately, also served with forced laborers. During the DDR, the VEB Leuchtenbau was located in the factory.
In 1996 the production in the halls was discontinued.