On October 1, 1855 the company Clemens Müller was founded in Dresden, the oldest sewing machine factory in Germany. At first, the company made only 1 sewing machine per week.
In 1868 production is expanded to 100 sewing machines per week.
In 1874 a second factory was opened.
In 1875 the 100.000th machine left the factory. This specimen is now in the Dresden Technical Collections.
In 1880 production of shoe sewing machines.
In 1881, Clemens Müller was the largest sewing machine company in Europe with 200.000 machines produced by then.
In 1903 the Clemens Müller company was converted into a GmbH and remained family-owned until 1918. Then the company was transferred to Clemens Müller Aktiengesellschaft. The company's social facilities, especially its own health insurance and the Clemens Müller Foundation for the needy, were way ahead of their time.
In 1908-9 the production of "Urania" typewriters started.
In 1909 foundation of a branch factory (later Böhmische Clemens Müller-Werke A.G., around 1943, Bünauburg A.G. sewing machine factory).
In 1912 production of "Perkeo" a small typewriter.
In 1918 Conversion into a stock corporation with a capital of 2.000.000 marks (03/26/1919 Registered).
In 1920 production of the "Urania-Vega". It was the first typewriter with a longitudinal and transverse addition unit.* 1920 or 1925?
Other well-known brands of the company were for sewing machines "Stella" and "Original Saxonia".
By 1923 The capital is increased to M 31.000.000.
In 1924 conversion of capital to Reichsmark 3.006.000.
In 1925 production of the "Urania-Vega" typewriter, with cross adding device and "Piccola", a small typewriter.
In 1931 participation in the Böhmische Clemens Müller-Werke A.G. will be sold.
In 1933 the company needs to be reorganized.
December 28, 1933. At the Annual General Meeting, reduction of the St. Act. from RM 3.000.000 to RM 750.000 in a simplified form in a ratio of 4:1, furthermore conversion of the RM 6.000.
From 1935 production of the "Little Urania" typewriter.
September 16, 1935. At the Annual General Meeting for the reorganization of the company and reduction of capital from RM 756.000 in a ratio of 10:1 to RM 75.600, followed by a re-increase by Reichsmark 924.400 to RM 1.000.000 against contribution.
February 6, 1941 According to the Annual General Meeting, capital increased from RM 500.000 to RM 1.500.000. The new shares, div.-ber. from January 1, 1941, are offered for reference (2:1).
December 10, 1941 capital adjustment according to DAV of June 12, 1941 by 20% from RM 1.500.000 to RM 1.800.000 with effect from December 31, 1941. The amounts required to carry out the correction are obtained from write-ups to fixed assets with RM 81.600, from write-ups to current assets with RM 90.678,06, from the statutory reserve with RM 20.000, from the maintenance reserve with RM 100.000, from provisions not required, which also includes the flat tax of Reichsmark 30.000 is taken with RM 7.721,94.
June 8, 1943 last Annual General Meeting until 1943/44
In 1951 after the expropriation in 1945-46, the company was managed together with the former Seidel & Naumann company as VEB Mechanik Schreibmaschinenwerke Dresden (SWD).
In 1960 it was again transformed into VEB Steuerungwerk Dresden. Mechanical and electrical equipment and components were still manufactured here until 1990.
As a result of restructuring, the rights to the "Veritas" sewing machine brand were taken over by the VEB sewing machine factory in Wittenberge in 1955 and, after 1990, went to Crown Technics GmbH Heilbronn, a subsidiary of the Bernina sewing machine factory, via the Singer and Pfaff companies in 2002.